Rishikesh Kanatal Village Tour - Kanatal Run Tour
Village Tour (01 Night 02 Days)
Day 1: Rishikesh to Kanatal (85 Kms - 2.5 hrs drive, 800 meters trek)
Morning pick up from rishikesh and transfer to Kanatal. Enjoy drive in Himalayan Mountains. At arrival in Kanatal trek 800 meters to reach our home stay run by Goat Village Community (8200 feet altitude).
Our stay will be in mountain style homes re-designed & run by local community. There will be some basic electricity arrangements by solar power but be prepared to adjust in candles also as it is designed in such a way to promote simplicity. Almost everything in meals will be indigenous products picked from farms nearby or village. All the food will be organic. Hot water will be served in buckets. Self service is well appreciated.
After check in enjoy lunch. Later after some relaxation, evening walk around the farms nearby. Talk to the locals. Learn some farming and gardening (depend on season). Later learn cooking in kitchen and feel free to help. After dinner relax or share your stories with other people. Dinner and overnight stay. (Lunch and dinner)
Day 2: Kanatal to Rishikesh (15 Kms trek and 2.5 hrs drive)
Early in the morning get some packed breakfast and start your trek to Khurath village. This is 7 kms trek one way. You will pass through farms, mountains and local village. You will experience traditional lifestyle of people living in Himalayan mountains. Pass through the different farms depend of season. Take pictures with goats and farmers around if they allow you. Later return to our home stay. After lunch check out. Trek down 800 meters. Meet our driver and start drive to Rishikesh. Dropping at Rishikesh. (Breakfast and lunch)
Cost Per Person
|Per Person Cost||14000||8000||6500||5500||5500||5000||5000||4500||4500|
01 night stay on twin/triple sharing in Goat Village Kanatal.
Meals as mentioned in plan.
English speaking guide / escort throughout the tour.
Private car for transfer and sightseeing according to the tour plan.
All cost related to car, driver and guide.
Meals not mentioned in plan.
The entire tour is provided on not for profit basis by India Easy Trip Pvt Ltd (as per the actual cost + govt tax) to promote village tourism in the area and help the local villagers in himalaya.
Expect comfortable stay but with simplicity and local way rather than luxury.
1. Valid identity proof is necessary. Carry photocopy of aadhara, license or voter id. For foreigners Passport-visa is required.
2. Clothing: April to Sept: Cottons with light woolens, Oct to March: Heavy woolens.
3. For the 800 m walk, if you wish to hire a pony for yourself or to carry the luggage, please do let us know in advance. Local pony drivers charge around INR 500 per pony/mule, which could carry 100 Kg of luggage, sufficient enough for 6 people.
4. Carrying your own towels, soaps and other toiletries will help the community avoid the wastage of gallons of water which goes into washing, and in minimizing the use of chemicals in the form of washing powder etc.
5. The stay has no electricity. Kitchen gets lit in the nights on solar panels and offers limited power for charging phones and other necessary equipment. Please carry a handy flash light/torch with extra batteries.
6. You’ll be amidst wilderness while hiking or exploring around. Do carry insect-repellent ointments, oils or creams to stay protected from seasonal bugs.
7. Trekking shoes, water bottles.